Friday, April 20, 2007

Home School Library Group

On Tuesday April 24th the East Dayton Branch of the Montgomery County library has a homeschool group meet at 1 PM. This is located at 2008 Wyoming St. in Dayton. They do this twice a month on Tuesdays.
I have attended two of these. The first one had 4 parents and the second on had just two. There is usually a story or poetry and a craft of some kind. I got to discuss whether I should put this site together with the other parents. I plan to be there since it is close. I would recommend that everyone attend who can. The library wants to get more involved with the home schooling community. If people don't support the library's effort then they will withdraw from offering the facility. If we can make this program a success in East Dayton, I'm sure the library would be willing to expand activities directed at home schoolers to other branches.

No comments: