Thursday, May 17, 2007

Been Quiet Lately

I've been busy lately getting our neighborhood yard sale event finalized and now that it is over I have the Southeast Festival to pull off in our neighborhood park on June 30th. Between being the stay at home dad, neighborhood association president, Priority Board precinct representative and renovating a 162 year old brick mansion while trying to maintain a 90 year old four-square and getting it in saleable shape, I have been slacking off on this blog. They say that if you want something done, give it to a busy person because they are the only people who have time to do it. I can't figure out why I have any time to do anything!

So what about this site? The map is growing. I have been busy searching for more links to add. I see that people are always looking for curriculum information, so I am trying to locate web sites that give information about curriculums. If you know any that I should add, send me the link or post it in the comments. I will be adding them soon. Just as soon as I make time! In the meantime, my 4 year old can now write her name without any help and recognizes all the letters of the alphabet. She can count to 30 in english and 12 in Spanish. Now if I could just get her to follow a direct command.....

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, you are busy!!! Congrats on your daughter writing her name. Nicky was 6 before he could. We have been busy camping every chance we get. Springtime is really our busiest because I go crazy happy when the weather is pretty and just want to go everywhere and explore everything. We have been camping 5 times this month already and are getting ready to leave again. So we don't stay near as connected to the internet in the warmer months. I see the list growing though, and that is totally cool. Keep up the great work Gary!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning my blog down in your list. :-) I am almost local, we are down in Newport KY, directly across the river from Cincinnati. Let me know if y'all are ever in the area and we can get together.
love, Kas

Hestiahomeschool@aol.com